Friday, July 9, 2010

Stack It, Stack it Good...



Dragged this sorry old example of a carcass down to derby training last night. Lurgy still lingers and I sound like a four-pack-a-day smoker with my hacking cough and raspy wheeze (never smoked a week in my life. Yeah, I know it should be day, but I did for a couple of those in high school until I realised EVERYBODY in Year 7 had taken it up as the cool thing to do. Never was one to run with the crowd, not my style).


But I paid my registration/insurance with Skate Australia, bought my ENRG t-shirt and managed some training. Funnily it wasn't the lack of lung capacity that stiffed me, it was the bung right knee! The day before I had dragged kidlets and extra rugrat up to an afternoon session BUT in the midst of my screaming at organising kids I forgot my knee brace. Whoops...

THEN, due to teaching said extra, I didn't have a chance to slowly warm up and jumped into Red Rover full tilt. Knee not happy, muscles screamed, and to top it all off, my left bloody ankle *clicked* out. Hot dang, I am so friggin old and decrepit sometimes even Methuselah gets jealous!


Anyhoos, back to the point of this rambling post. In the midst of learning to do a 4-point drop I choke (knee-hurtie phobia), wheels roll out from under me, and
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A DECADE OR MORE I LAND SPLAT ON MY BOUNTIFUL BOOTY!

Big Boy is ropable. He has NEVER seen me fall, and I have committed the unpardonable sin of giggling manically at some of his more dramatic spills. Ah well, he may have to wait another decade or so... at least I hope it will be.


4 comments:

Kakka said...

Hope the derriere is not too bruised. Good on you for getting out there while you were sick. Hoping you don't need an ankle brace as well. xxx

Kim Thompson said...

You are the most amazing illustrator with intermingling pics in your blog. Superb!

Hey, check out the BIG movie event in my town (Tacoma, Washington USA). This documentary sounds fab--check out the link! http://www.grandcinema.com/events.php?id=206

RollerDerbyGirls.org said...

Hi, just wanted to let you know about my new website: Hi

We have just launched RollerDerbyGirls.org which is a free social network for people with an interest in female roller derby. We offer groups, event calendars, chat, instant messaging, forums, gear trade, photo albums, videos and much more.

Sign up today, and create a group for your all female roller derby team, and invite your team mates to join.

http://www.rollerderbygirls.org

Unknown said...

Ha! You are tooooo funny. I loved this post. :)