Saturday, May 22, 2010

Done!


Finally. Attended my first Fresh Meat training session on Thursday night. To say the muscles are screaming in protest still two days later is an understatement.

BUT... The skills are all still there! Rusty, yes, but present for sure. Really enjoyed it, gave me a much needed high and release from the stress of the last few weeks.

ENRG Roller Derby Girls ROCK!
Copyright Erin Smith Photography
Can you spot me?
May 20th, 2010

To quote an old Aussie songstress, "It's only the beginning..." (Deborah Conway)

7 comments:

Kakka said...

Way To Go MM - it won't be long before you are once again Queen of the Rink. Oh and can you put an arrow on which one is you? xxx

Madmother said...

Will when I get back next week, waiting to see if anyone can find me. *Hint* Look on the right half of photo...

Lulu said...

I'm going to start soon! I can't wait - I literally have to get my skates on. It doesn't look like there is a competition anywhere close to me but since it will probably take at least 6 months until I can find my non-falling speed skills I have time to find out more.

Can you help me with finding a good set of wheels to start with?? xoxo

Jen said...

Is that you standing second from the end at the right? This is so very cool! Well done MM on joining, I can't wait to read about your rd antics :)

Madmother said...

And no need for arrows, the prize for the best eyes goes to Jen! Well spotted.

Kim Thompson said...

I absolutely LOVE this. LOVE it! I've never really known a derby gal! This is an exciting first. I am a poor skater and not particularly fearless (or fearsome). How interesting.....

Meg said...

Way to go! I'm just trying to get me some knee pads that will fit over my knees and then I'll be getting out there with the local derby team and doing the same. Who knows? Maybe one day our teams will have a bout and I can kick your ass ;-)