Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fimally Back on Wheels



It has been far too hot to go to the rink but thanks to all this rain, Sunday was cool enough at last to skate.

Even with the temp down around 29 degrees the humidity was high and the sweat rolled off (forgive the pun). At first I was feeling my lack of fitness, and my right knee injury. As I skated, picking up speed, the knee felt as if it would give way at any point... not a good thing when you are on wheels.


But then I seemed to get back into the swing, knee felt stronger, muscles slowly warmed up, the glow began to build. My speed and agility improved. By the end of the session I felt good. Really good. There is a long way to go to work my fitness levels higher, but if this cool snap lasts I'll be back on skates for the season.


And the other cool thing this week was finding some really funky leggings and tights that manage to stretch around my thunder thighs without tearing! On sale too!

Now to save up for those glorious black suede boots and some new trucks and bright blue wheels...

And time for the first admission: weight 9/3/10 - 86kgs. Height: 164 cms.


3 comments:

Kellyansapansa said...

Fantastic - great to see you finally back on the skates!

Kitty Moore said...

Good for you- I haven't been on skates for over 20 years! x

Kakka said...

Yeah - now for the photos of you on skates - can't wait.