Tuesday, April 6, 2010

And skate we DID!

Yes, after much stuffing up and screwing around, (refer here) this morning we made it to the rink near the brownest of plains, on the crest of the hill, otherwise known as Digi-Skate! The car was full to the brim with myself, Lash Lass Lisa (I am now bestowing derby names on all who accompany us. I mean, hell, I have one - Madmother - so everyone else can have them as nicknames!) and six, yes you read it right, SIX strapopping young lads eager to skate. Well, when I say eager I mean sorta looking forward to it, some with a little trepidation...

The weather is pefect. Not too hot, not too cold. And skate we did! A good, fun time was had by all. No damages, very few falls. But most inspiring of all was LL Lisa and her amazing acts of recovery. I think she almost fell at least twenty times: arms would whirl, legs would wiggle, over she'd nearly go... then hey presto! She saves herself! Wish I'd had a camera, could have been worth millions. Or at least the grand prize on Funniest Home Videos...

1 comment:

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Sounds brilliant. Hey, i'm going along to a Roller Derby bout at the end of this month - can not wait!