Friday, April 9, 2010

Overload...

I have been to a skating session three times in ten days! And one more on Monday to go!

Ouch, my poor tired old muscles are aching, though I don't notice until around an hour after I stop. It is even worse when I stiffen up later. Ah the joys of being older.



And I have my eyes on some new skates. Black leather figure uppers, Italian trucks and Giotto wheels... Dazzling but dollars. $$$$$$$$$$$. But I do believe you get what you pay for, after all my thirty year old beauties were incredibly expensive in their day and look at how much monies worth I've gotten out of them!

2 comments:

Kakka said...

ooo, nice. Go for it, it is only money - easy for me to say I know. xxx

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Hey, you know how I feel about shoes - and skating shoes just have wheels on them. Do a cost-per-week figure and they'll work out to basically pay you to buy them. Hey, went to check out a training session of my local squad yesterday and I'm in lurve! Not brave enough to try - but will certainly be checking out their bout in a few weeks time!